Our trainees are encouraged to maximize their in-pool time by working with other members of the SwimKids staff for different points of view, as well as to learn how to take the survival program further.
The swimming instructor training program includes instruction in teaching breath control, propulsion, floating, rollover breathing, aquatic survival skills, water safety, and troubleshooting problems with students of all ages.
The academic areas included are child development and behavioral techniques as they apply to teaching infants and young children to swim and survive in the water.
A self-study course on anatomy and physiology, including safety guidelines for these swimming lessons is an important of the curriculum. New instructors receive a certificate of completion of their apprenticeship, emphasizing all the in-water and academic work that they have completed. CPR and first aid is a necessary requirement and must be maintained yearly.
By the end of your swimming instructor training, you will have successfully taught swim-float-survival to a minimum of 24 children of varying ages.
The Instructor Training Includes
- Certificate of Completion
- Opportunities for Continuing Education and Mentoring Support
- Enhanced Marketing Opportunities
Academic Education and Certification
This rigorous yet rewarding instructor training program is designed to give participants the tools needed to start a business as a survival professional and promote the highest quality swim lessons, giving students the skills and confidence they need to become safe and proficient swimmers.
The academic areas covered, as they apply to teaching infants and young children to swim and survive in the water, include:
- Child Development
- Behavioral Techniques
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Hands-On Training with a minimum of 18 unskilled babies and children under the age of 36 months
- Individualized Training designed to promote the highest quality, uncompromised learning experience, within a six-week timeframe
- One-Time Training Fee; no fees for updates or in-water retraining
- No Continual Fees imposed on you or your students by a governing body
- No Restrictive Contract containing annual recertification fees
- Continuing Education on safety issues and instructional techniques
- Established and Proven Safety Record
- Continued Mentoring
- Year-Round Professional Career Opportunity